Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Five Songs You Must Have

"Portions for Foxes" by Rilo Kiley

Sweet, sensual and seductive vocals mixed with rock-typical guitar and bass. You're pretty much guaranteed to be singing along to this song.


"I'll Kill Her" by Soko

This is s a somewhat slower pace song with some languid guitar chords and a spoken story mixed with singing for most of the song. The mix of voice and singing is done really well and sets the song apart. You'll be stunned by this song because it's a bit nutty, because Soko's accent is both cute and sexy, because what she sings about is stupid and silly and something we've all been through.


"Cardigan Weather" by Meg and Dia

One of my favorite songs due to the absolutely gorgeous vocals by these sisters. They show off their voices with a combination of smooth sounds punctuated by emotional, throaty highs. I wish I could sing like them. And their voices fit perfectly with the main backup of guitars (which they play).


"Fans" by Kings of Leon

I gave a quick listen to a few Kings of Leon songs before setting them aside as something to delete; I feel pretty stupid about that now. "Fans" is one of the songs I've been listening to again and again over the past two months, and the entire Because of the Times album is driving, incredible, killer rock.


"Disney Eyes" by The Be Be See

Every time I listen to this song it makes me think of the Rocky Horror Picture Show's songs...must be the chords and the stage-musical-esque sound. It's not something I sing along to (which is usually a big compliment from me) but I play it quite a bit and love the upbeat nature, good vocals, and great tempo of the song.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home